To maximize your enjoyment and the life of your candle, it is very important to exercise proper care throughout the burning process. House of Candles encourages you to remember these helpful hints:
- Remove all packaging before lighting your candle.
- Trim wick to ¼" before each lighting and be sure to remove any wick trimmings, or matches from candle surface.
- Avoid burning candles in drafts. If the flame is not still, move the candle to another location with less air movement. As the candle burns the wax pool should be equal around the top of the candle. If the wax pool is off to one side, rotate the candle 180 degrees or extinguish the wick(s).
- Always place your candle with its proper holder on a heat resistant surface. Never place candles directly on furniture.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended and always burn in a proper holder.
- Consider the overhead clearance of the room the candle is being burned in to be sure that the heat can rise safely.
- Votive candles are designed to liquify: always burn in a proper holder.
- Add 2-3 drops of water to the bottom of a votive glass before inserting the votive. This will extinguish the flame before it reaches the bottom and makes it easier to remove any unused wax from the holder.
- Always remove metal tab from votive glass before inserting new votive.
- When burning pillars, burn one hour for each inch in diameter. Extinguish candle, let cool and re-light for maximum burn time.
- Handle candles and candle holder with care, as they will get hot during use.
- To remove wax residue from containers run under hot water then wipe clean immediately with a rag or cloth.
- Store candles in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight or fluorescent light.
- To clean candles rub gently with nylon stocking to restore the candles natural shine.
- To extinguish flames we recommend using a candlesnuffer. If a snuffer is not available hold one or two fingers in front of the flame and blow gently. The air will encircle the flame and extinguish it safely without spraying hot wax.
Essential information for all candles
Caution: Failure to follow instructions could result in injury or property damage.
Warning To Prevent Fire: Stay within view of burning candles. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire.